The best way to determine if you are a good candidate for a facelift is to schedule a personalized consultation with board certified Philadelphia plastic surgeon Dr. David Bottger. During your consultation, Dr. Bottger and his staff will thoroughly evaluate your skin condition and discuss your specific goals and expectations to determine your facelift candidacy.
Some of the factors that will be considered include:
- Skin elasticity – Patients with skin that is elastic and supple will see the best facelift results.
- Bone structure – Healthy and well-defined bone structure provides a strong foundation for the many points of alteration made during a facelift procedure.
- Good overall health – Like any surgical procedure, the healing process depends on vitality and good health overall. In addition, solid mental health and realistic expectations are critical to your success and overall satisfaction with your surgical outcomes.
- Loose skin – Patients with sagging, wrinkled skin on the cheeks and neck, or “jowls” stand to benefit substantially from the reduction of excess skin and fat.
- Deep nasolabial folds – Deep lines running from the nose to the corner of the mouth are one primary reason to seek a facelift.
It is important to understand the risks and complications of facelift surgery, as well as to have a full understanding of the procedure and the recovery process before making your decision. If facelift surgery is not right for you, we offer a wide range of non-surgical treatments to help you better reach your goals.
To learn more about facelifts performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon in the Philadelphia area, contact Dr. Bottger today at 610-355-1929 to schedule an initial consultation.