Cosmetic earlobe repair surgery is designed to correct aesthetic issues caused by genetics, lifestyle choices and injuries. Earlobe repair surgery is not intended to correct issues with the appearance of over-prominent ears, which is best addressed with otoplasty.
Dr. Bottger's earlobe repair surgery can help Philadelphia patients improve the appearance of their earlobes by correcting issues related to:
- The natural aging process - As we age, our lobes may lose volume or become saggy
- Hereditary abnormalities - Sometimes our genetics can produce elongated or exceptionally 'fleshy' lobes
- Wearing heavy jewelry - Repeatedly wearing heavy jewelry that weighs down the earlobes can cause the earlobes to sag over time, and it is even possible for tearing to occur
- Using gauges - While many people choose to stretch their earlobes using gauges, sometimes after years of wear, you might change your mind about continuing to wear them
- Trauma and other injuries - Sometimes certain injuries or traumas can leave your earlobes severely damaged with tears or stretching
No matter what has caused your earlobes to stretch or tear, the results are still similar and can have a big impact on our self-image. As our lifestyles change or our genetics catch up with us, it's important to remember that unsightly stretch marks or severe sagging can often be repaired with Dr. Bottger's earlobe repair surgery.
If you want to improve your damaged earlobes, our earlobe repair surgery might be the solution for you. To schedule a consultation with our experienced Philadelphia cosmetic surgeon, contact Dr. David Bottger at 610-355-1929 today.