Philadelphia reality TV fans may have noticed the new E! show "Botched," which makes light of cosmetic surgery procedures gone awry, including breast augmentations.
Among the personalities featured on the show: Model and so-called "surgery addict" Janice Dickinson. She opted to have a corrective breast augmentation filmed for the show:
"I'm nervous, I'm nervous, I'm nervous right now," she tells the show's plastic surgeon as he preps her for the procedure. "Can I just get some Valium right now?!"
Dr. Bottger and his professional, compassionate staff view such programs as a reminder to prospective plastic surgery patients to look closely and carefully at their doctor's training and credentials.
In addition to training at some of the country's top institutions, Dr. Bottger has board certification in both general surgery and plastic surgery from the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery.
Certification is the first thing prospective patients should consider when choosing a plastic surgeon. The American Board of Plastic Surgery also suggests that patients ask the following questions before choosing a doctor for breast augmentation and other popular cosmetic procedures:
- What qualifications/training does the physician have to perform the procedure in question?
- How many of this type of procedure has he/she performed?
- How many of this type of procedure does he/she perform each year?
- If you are considering a new procedure, how did the doctor obtain training for this?
- Has the doctor had many problems or complications with this procedure?
- Do you feel comfortable with the doctor and in the doctor's office?
Please contact us today or call 610-355-1929 to schedule a consultation in which Dr. Bottger can answer these and other questions about breast augmentation safety and training. We proudly serve patients in the greater Philadelphia area.