As we age our skin begins losing its ability to hold moisture and is slower to heal. The unraveling of our skin's elasticity and structure contributes to the wrinkling of the skin. Wrinkles are a natural part of aging, but luckily there are certain measures we can take to help in reducing their appearance. For those who are unhappy with their appearance due to lines and wrinkles, Dr. David Bottger offers a number of facial rejuvenation procedures to help restore a more youthful look.
Facial rejuvenation can take years off of the appearance of our faces, but there are also additional steps you can take at home. The following tips can aid in keeping your skin looking young:
- Wash frequently - Environmental pollution is a contributing factor when it comes to aging changes in the skin. Make sure to wash your face whenever you come in from outdoors.
- Be mindful when it comes to how you sleep - Sleeping on your side causes sleep lines when using a cotton pillowcase. To help avoid this make sure you use a silk or satin pillowcase and try to sleep on your back.
- Use an upward motion when applying products - When you pull on your skin in a downward motion you are pulling down on your collagen, unknowingly creating wrinkles.
- Wear sunscreen - A key aspect in helping to slow down the aging process is to wear a minimum SPF 30 sunscreen on a daily basis, regardless of whether or not it is sunny out.
- Watch your diet - It's important to avoid or limit alcohol consumption because of how it affects the blood supply to your skin. A diet that is rich in antioxidants is best when it comes to slowing down the aging process.
Don't forget to take care of your neck and chest in the same manner as they get a large amount of exposure wrinkle causing factors as well.