If you have been trying hard to lose that last bit of stubborn fat from a specific area of your body, but it just isn’t responding to a healthy diet and exercise, liposuction might be right for you. Though liposuction is not always a viable option for everyone, you might be a good candidate if:
- You are not substantially overweight. Liposuction is not a weight loss tool and works best for patients who are already near their ideal weight
- You are in good general health. As with any surgical procedure, the healthier you are, the faster you should recover and the better your results should be.
- You want to tone or sculpt disproportional areas of localized fat. Liposuction removes fat through a narrow tube via a suction device and works best for specific areas of your body, rather than for generalized fat removal. By targeting problem areas or areas that have more fat than others, liposuction can make your body look proportional. Liposuction is commonly used for the abdomen, hips, back, outer thighs, inner thighs, or knees. But can be used almost anywhere on the body.
- You have adequate skin elasticity. When fat is removed, loose skin can be unsightly if you do not have adequate elasticity to allow your skin to adjust to its new shape. The older we get, the less elastic our skin becomes, so its important to let Dr. Bottger assess your condition.
- You understand the risks and limitations of this surgical procedure. Whenever you undergo a surgical procedure, you should know what you're getting into in order to make an informed decision. Understanding what liposuction can and cannot achieve is crucial for obtaining satisfying results.
If you think you're a good candidate for liposuction or would like to have our experienced staff assist you in your procedure, please contact our Pennsylvania practice at (610) 355-4275 to schedule an appointment today.