If you are a man with oversized breasts that make you feel self-conscious, embarrassed and generally uncomfortable with your appearance, Dr. Bottger's gynecomastia surgery might be right for you.
Male breast reduction procedures remove excess breast tissue and localized fat to give you a more manly chest that would otherwise be unobtainable with diet and exercise.
Ideal candidates for gynecomastia surgery should be:
- Physically healthy and able to withstand undergoing a surgical procedure
- Within a relatively average weight range
- Finished with growth and development
- Free from the use of anabolic steroids and marijuana
- Willing to follow Dr. Bottger's instructions and recommendations for recovery
Candidates should also have realistic expectations about what gynecomastia surgery can and cannot achieve. Our gynecomastia before and after gallery may be a helpful tool for visualizing results, though depending on your unique needs and specific goals, results will vary.
It's important to recognize that there are limitations to this procedure, and while it can reduce the appearance of over-sized male breasts, gynecomastia surgery is not a weight-loss tool.
Additionally, not every man is suited for male breast reduction, and there are certain circumstances when you may not be a viable candidate. Dr. Bottger can discuss your candidacy during your personal consultation.